7.1.13

'Steamy' and Sunday

Hi there!

I hope you're all well and had lovely weekends - what did you get up to?

I haven't got a lot to blog about today although I went to watch my boyfriend play rugby on Saturday and as it was colder than it's been in a while I decided to wrap up very warm in my parka jacket. I also stole my boyfriend's old beanie hat.

I didn't realise until I looked at this photo afterwards that the whole ensemble makes me look like a member of early 90's boyband East 17. Or a rapper. But I was nice and cosy so it had the desired effect!!


Me 


East 17

For anyone blissfully unfamiliar with East 17's body of work here is something to potentially make/ruin your day....


Please excuse the not great photo quality. I am slightly reticent about having my photo taken at the moment as due to being too busy with work before Christmas to get to the gym anywhere near as much as I'd like, stress-eating junk food from being busy with work then the usual feasting over Christmas I have put on quite a bit of weight.

I need to lose about 3/4 of a stone so am not feeling too body confident and so I have renewed my commitment to the gym with fervour, this also gives me a great excuse to leave work on time rather than staying late like I did last year. I went to my first boxercise class yesterday in a good few years and whilst I had fun I must've used muscles that hadn't been used to being used in a while as I am walking like a gay cowboy today!!

I'm also enjoying making healthy food but with exciting flavours and ingredients, so perhaps until I am feeling slimmer and happier having my photo taken I should instead do more recipe posts in case any of you are looking to shed some Christmas poundage too!!

Prior to watching rugby on Saturday I had to get my nails sorted out as my acrylics had grown way too long over the festive season and what with my rugby training re-starting tonight I have to have them much shorter.
I chose a suitably grey shade when it came to the polish, very apt for January I feel!!


Even though I am on a major health and fitness kick at the moment I am still allowed the occasional treat. So yesterday evening my boyfriend and I went for a lovely Sunday roast at The Royal Saracen's Head in Beaconsfield (one of my favourite local towns!). I was well behaved and had roast chicken with plenty of veggies and not too many roast potatoes so I felt I could allow myself a more 'sinful' dessert - of sticky toffee pudding!! And yes dear readers, it really was every bit as delicious as it looks in the photo.


My boyfriend who annoyingly doesn't really have to watch his weight went for the chocolate torte....


It was a good end to a nice and relaxed weekend!!

Happy Monday to you all - here's hoping the week goes well.

Lxx

Pin It Now!

14 comments:

  1. that chocolate torte is making me so hungry. Love your 90s rapper looks, it really suits you! Do it more. Get some round mirrored shades to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I do like a 90's look.... I might buy some mirrored shades!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey the east 17 bit made me chuckle! Look forwards to finding how your boxercise goes, I'm thinking of going something new too, debating yoga...just does not sound that fun though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love East 17 so didn't mind looking a bit like them, albeit in a more feminine way!!

      Boxercise was great, I'm going again this weekend. I also do spinning and pilates as well as running, rugby training and going to the gym from time to time. Phew!! Yoga is great, you should definitely try it and see how you get on.

      Lx

      Delete
  4. That coats looks like the cosiest ever! Who cares if it makes you look like an extra member of East 17, as long as you're warm! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It is definitely the warmest coat I own!

      Lx

      Delete
  5. I wrote 2 comments and I guess there's an error and they did not appear here so I'm writing one more :)
    it's sometimes great to wear guy's clothes cos they are cozy and keeps us warm in cold weather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I am a big fan of stealing my boyfriend's clothes!!

      Thanks for commenting, sorry that it didn't work before.

      Lx

      Delete
  6. Haha I love the jacket, East 17 or not! =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, thanks for following me :)
    love your blog, I'm now following
    the desserts look sooooo nice! Hope your health kick goes well, mine has kind of failed before it's even begun! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, no problem. Thanks for following me back :)

      The desserts were really good - sweet things are definitely my weakness. And bread and cheese.

      Good luck with your health kick, I hope you find your motivation - it can be so hard, especially in winter!!

      Lx

      Delete
  8. Hello there!!

    Thanks! I like your blog so I am now following you back.

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anita, thanks. I'm following you now, lovely photos in your blog.

    Perhaps you'll follow me back?

    Lx

    ReplyDelete

Comments always read, responded to and very much appreciated. xx